My story “Hyena’s Paw” a modern fairy tale about a family of hyenas is now available in issue 5 of Honeyguide Magazine which features poetry, prose, art, and photography about animals and our relationship to them. A portion of the issue sales will support a senior dog rescue. Read online for free here: https://www.honeyguidemag.com/hyenas-paw/ Buy a full issue here: https://www.honeyguidemag.com/shop I’ve always found hyenas fascinating, and I wanted to write a story about them. In the past I was always starting with human characters, so the stories didn’t work. I also wanted to avoid trying to write too much about any existing folklore or cultural meanings. Because I’m not a part of or very knowledgeable on any cultures that live alongside Hyenas. I didn’t want to misrepresent any existing folklore or beliefs. So, I decided to write as the animals themselves and realized they’re similar to humans but different in fascinating ways. They’re complex social creatures that, also ...
Comments
Post a Comment