Change to my list of Publications

 

I have decided to remove the following publication from my list of previous and upcoming publications on the "My Writing" page due to information I learned recently both about the possible actions of the owner of Hiraeth Publishing and poor business practices reported by other writers.

This was not a lightly made decision as this was my first paid fiction acceptance and I really like this story, so I hope I can place it in a re-print market at some point. I have also suggested people submit to other magazines in this publishing group, which I now regret.

I know that realistically there are bad actors in nearly every company we interact with, but when you get published, especially by a small company, I feel like the company does represent each of its authors, on some level in the indie/small publishing world, so you want to make sure you are surrounding yourself with good actors.

“A Tale Etched in Stone” in ParAbnormal Magazine by Hiraeth Publishing
Genre: Dark fantasy/fairy tale short story (~6000 words)
Author Notes: This was my first piece of creative writing ever accepted to a paying market. I wanted to write a story about a gargoyle who wanted to be real and was also inspired by Northeast colleges. This one has some Pinocchio and Little Mermaid vibes.
Content Warnings: animal deaths, mentioning abuse and experimentation on animals, demons, ghosts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading List Second Quarter 2023

Welcome to my Author Page!